We can schedule you in the week you can make it. Or you can pre record your session so it won't make a difference.
It is voluntary for FEAST members - though there is a small grant that can be awarded for non storyteller, or traditional storyteller collaborative partners. We expect this to be very competitive though so it is best not to count on it.
The recording needs to be of a professional standard. It is possible to do good quality recordings on phones with the correct lighting. But, they would have to be fairly close up unless you buy an additional mic that that can take longer range. And the performances that work well on phones tend to be fairly close up and reasonably static. That doesn't sound like what you are planning. Recording should be submitted in a MP4 format.
Absolutely yes. The festival is intended to be a celebration of Asian storytelling.
- Do we need to restrict to tales of Asian origin ?
Yes. Just make sure time is allocated for this. your session must not run overtime.
- Can we curate a session with audience interaction ?
Please indicate this to us latest by June.
- Is it ok to decide on whether pre-recorded/live at a later point ?
Please fill up the form here - VOLUNTEER SIGN UP.
- How can I volunteer at the FEST organization committee ?
Yes absolutely. We will give feedback on how possibly we could structure the program. But yes you can participate in multiple groups
- Can one individual be a part of more than one group ?
In all likelyhood, FEAST would be able to support only one of your proposals. Subject to change. The cap on the funding is somewehre between $200 - $400 ( Singapore dollars ).
- Can I give 2 different presentations with different non storyteller ? And what funding will I receive ?
- How can I apply ? If I am submitting multiple proposals , do I fill the form multiple times ?
Please submit a form seperately for each proposal. Please choose one of the following options in the form
I am an individual who wants to be a part of a group.
- Can we mix pre recorded and live stortelling ?
While we would like this, unfortunately we have seen problems on ZOOM live when we play prerecorded via ZOOM. It is a better option to do the blending of music and storytelling as a pre recorded presentation.
- Is 60 minutes the maximum time for a presentation ?
The time of the showcase is upto you. However we encourage you to think about the mode of presentation- which is online. From a scheduling point of you we would like to put them into capsules of 1 hour and 30 min and so.
- What do you mean by rough schedule ?
We would like to understand what is the split up of your programme. How much time would each presenter/ artist have ?
- What do you mean by the mother tongue stream ? Are you looking at regional stories ?
We do not really mean regional stories, that is upto you. FEAST however would like to encourage any Asian tale in your mother tongue. It is upto you whether you want to make it bilingual, or if you would like to make it polyglot. It will also work if you would like to give subtitles at the bottom.
- Is there an upper of limit of people in a group ?
No. You are free to work with 20 tellers as well. However please think about the medium in which this is presented. If you would like to do a choral presentation with 20 persons, we would expect it to be a quality pre recording.